If you are a beginner you do have a query that how to buy domain.
Whether you are going to start a blog or a business website you need a domain name, to begin with.
Register a domain name with a domain name provider (registrant).
In this guidepost, I am going to tell you essential questions coming into your mind about how to buy a domain. One should need to know a clear understanding of it before going to buy a perfect domain name for his/her business or a blog.
What Is A Domain Name?
All the website has a unique IP address in this internet world, which is provided to differentiate each website.
These IP (Internet Protocol) address looks like a number with dot separation (for eg. 192.101.18.01) and a web browser can able to communicate to the website with these unique IP addresses.
But the major problem for humans to remember the website name with their IP is a bit harder.
Therefore, technology comes up with DNS (domain name system) that convert these IP address into readable and memorable website name (like: example.com, example.net, example. online).
The name is called a domain name.
Whenever you enter a website name in your browser It converts the name of the website through this DNS technology to its IP address and so the web browser can communicate to the server of the website through IP.
Then You get the result as a webpage in your browser.
To get a detailed overview of what is a domain name you can check the Cloudflare post
Now let’s come back to our topic of how to buy a domain name.
How To Select A Domain Name?
It is an important step that you are going to choose a domain name for your brand presence before you learn how to buy a domain name.
Therefore I am recommending a few tips before you are selecting it. These are:
- Choose a domain name that is easy to type: Always try to choose a domain name that is easy to write.
- Use keywords: Try to use the niche relevant keyword in your domain
- Target your area: Target your area by using geo-targeting Country-specific TLDs( eg: .ca, .us, .au, co.UK)
- Avoid numbers and hyphens: make sure you are not using numbers or hyphens in your domain name.
- Be memorable: Use simple and easy-to-remember words for your domain name.
- Keep it short: Always try to keep your domain name short.
You can use Namecheap to find your domain and also get the best offer to buy it.
Easy 4 Steps How To Buy Domain Name.
Here I am going to put the four major steps you need to take while buying a domain name so you’re how to buy domain query gets solved.
1. Think Of A Name For Your Domain And Check Its Availability.
You can simply write the name you want to choose and list it for availability check, or you can use a domain name generator tool for this task.
How to buy domain will no longer your query once you start thinking and checking its availability of it. Half of the problem was resolved after that.
While you are listing the name to select a domain name you also need to check these names in google once and confirm if their similar name is available with the similar business or niche you are willing to start.
If so please avoid taking those name that has a similar name and similar business profile it acts as a copyright violation.
2. Choose A Trustworthy And Reliable Domain Registrar.
Once you select your registrar (namecheap.com) you can check the availability of the domain name on the search box for the domain name checker. It will show you the name that you check for the availability with all the available TLDs (Top-level domains).
TLDs are looks like as given below
- .com: nonspecific It can cover anything commercial
- .info: informational sites.
- .net: technical, Internet infrastructure sites.
- .org: non-commercial organizations and nonprofits.
- .co: an abbreviation for company, commerce, and community.
- .biz: business or commercial use, like e-commerce sites.
- .me: blogs, resumes, or personal sites.
You need to do this checking process until you get the perfect and willing one that you want to use for your brand, business, and blog.
3. Now, How To Buy Domain Name From The Registrant.
Now you have done your searching and you find the one you need, it is time to act instantly, you need to buy it now after checking the pricing and all that suits you I mean the plan has the option to buy it for 1 year, 2 years or multiple years.
This is the validity of your domain name if you buy a domain name with a 1-year plan it will be active for 1 year then you need to renew it again before the end of the plan.
4. Save Your Invoice And Check Your Email For Confirmation.
Once you have made the payment in the process of how to buy domain, you also need to confirm that you get the email with all the successful owner details of the domain to your email.
The best registrant always sends a confirmation email. That You’ll receive a verification email after you complete your purchase.
This blog post will help you to learn how to buy domain name and you can buy it by yourself very easily after getting an idea with this blog, hope this would really help you.